Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Hi, I'm Aunty Jas Min.

Left mushrooms to soak, takes about two hours till it's nice and soft, so I thought I'd use this time to ramble. It's what aunties do anyway, ramble.
  • I will be cooking myself dinner toohnights!
will include a photo here, if i remember

It's been quite a while so I thought I should continue to learn cooking. But I'm still feeling lazy, so it's meesuah with everything-and-anything-I-have-in-the-fridge-that-I-can-use, for dinner today.

  • A dozen strong boys and one of them who drives a truck, would come in handy for me today.
Very seng kor to walk all the way to Pyramid, buy groceries, and then walk all the way back again. It's not the distance, it's the load. So heavy my fingers all red and sore. And if I were lucky enough to have a dozen boys walking beside me, that would make me look like a very cool dai kar jie, no?

  • Everything is so expensive!
As mentioned, I went grocery shopping just now. I usually check on price tags before taking a product off its shelf and into my basket. I even cut down on big labels and brands but everything seems to be forever expensive. For example, butter (I only take butter, hate margarine). And I like Lurpak Lightly Salted ones, because it's been my (and my family's) butter spread for a very long time. It costs about 14 MYR per tub and I gladly took a NeoSoft Vegetable Oil butter today which costs 7 MYR. Same size, exteriorly. But when I opened the box, stupid tub is just half of the box. Better buy my favorite butter right? Meh. Spent 70 MYR in total, just on groceries. Must be difficult to be an aunty.

  • I met Hisyam for 20 minutes.
He couldn't recognize me because of my hair. Okay I got aunty hair, but very hard to recognize meh? He said it wasn't so long since we last met. Well, that's because the last time we met was almost two months ago. Statistically, healthy hair grows for half a millimeter a day. Two months, sixty days. You do the math. Not much growth to me, some more my hair very unhealthy one.

  • The best comfort food I could ask for.

Is this.

It's getting pretty rare these days. Only in small bakeries and morning markets. I got this (just a slice) for my birthday (just because it's my birthday so I get to demand) all the way from my old place's pasar pagi. On other days, my mum will just ignore me because it's a little too far away from home. 

Aunties why don't want make pandan cake liao? Nice leh, I rike!

  • I guess there's only two things that aunties and I don't have in common now.
One, aunties don't study mathematics like me.


And two, aunties don't rare 'pets'. My 'pet' needs serious dry cleaning, stat.

Other than that, I'm pretty much a very qualified aunty. I got the face, the hair, the body, the attire, the attitude, the language; it's a whole package. I shall go cook now. God bless you all.

Love, Jas Min.

No comments: