I know I am updating a little too frequent than usual. Nevertheless, this is definitely post-worthy.
I've always disliked Linear Algebra. Never knew why I needed it for in my field of study, never liked the conceptual things behind those numbers, never liked the logic and theorems involved, (heck!) never even liked the classroom (the only class in the fourth floor). Today marks the last day of lecture and I felt like a genius, like Da Vinci kind of genius.
The last topic of the syllabus was, as titled, cryptography.
I was taking it all in, embracing the wonder of matrices (although I still hate it a lot). The Hill n-cipher is the simplest method of 'pencil-and-paper' encryption but the math behind the ciphertext isn't as simple as it may seem. And so I was bored and lazy, I didn't want to take a nap, I rewatched an episode of Glee, wanted to swim but it rained, and so I thought it would be cool if I were to encipher my own secret message. This took me about half an hour to encipher and decipher.
UZGQAIMBORNGNO
It is merely nonsense if you read it as it is. Only I, the encryptor, know what it means because only I have the key matrix (which I created myself). And so even if you know how this form of encryption works, you still can't understand what the above ciphertext means. Am I a genius or what? Harharhar.
This is so fun I feel like a Russian spy or a secret service agent. No kidding, I was singing "Secret Agent Man" in class but nobody gets the song (potong). This was invented in 1929 and it just makes me think if people those days were either too smart or simply too bored that they have nothing else to do. Nevertheless, I still hate Linear Algebra. Still do not know why I need to learn this for engineering, but I don't mind being a superspy!
Maybe I should encipher in a monthly basis (for myself, of course) and decipher them when I'm old. Leave Post-It ciphertexts for myself. Very cool, no? I feel smart all of a sudden. Shall go watch a movie now, maybe Hercules.
Edit: Well don't be dismayed, the ciphertext above is still breakable if you don't have the key matrix. It's fairly simple if you know how. But nobody so free right? I'm not a genius after all. Meh.
Edit: Well don't be dismayed, the ciphertext above is still breakable if you don't have the key matrix. It's fairly simple if you know how. But nobody so free right? I'm not a genius after all. Meh.
Love, Jas Min.
No comments:
Post a Comment