Saturday, June 27, 2009

Long live the King of Pop.

It's funny that the previous post and this one is somehow, related.

Also, read my post about 3 - 4 months ago?

White coffee isn't exactly white.

Familiar?

You might want to read if you're not really a MJ fan. I've stated some of his backgrounds and stuff. And if you want to get news and reasons and articles why MJ died, you're at the wrong webpage. Tons of em' when you Google. Not wasting my time, copy-pasting stuffs either.

I'll just post something rather short here.

So, here's how I got the news.

Yoke Pei: Jas Min, Michael Jackson died.

Jas Min: HUH? SERIOUS?

Yoke Pei: Yeah! Some cardiac arrest thing.

Jas Min: Ohmygosh. REALLY? *still unconvinced*

Yoke Pei: *muka sedih* Yeah. He died. It's on Hitz.FM.

So, yeah. That's how. I turned into some sort of #1 MJ fan in class, today. Totally. Ask Siah Eer, Jia Ying, Sindhu and Joanna. I felt I was like some environmentalist/eco-friendly person, going "Let's all sing MJ's songs today! We MUST!", instead of "Let's all recycle tissue after all the crying, save the trees!", in the class. Well, at least the ones around me heard what I was propagating around. I even forced Siah Eer to blog about MJ's death. Haha.

Over sikit. I know.

But don't you think he deserves it?

I mean, he's brought such a change to the music industry and someone who made great songs a legend, for a good cause! Tell me, who sang 'Heal the World' and all proceeds from the sales goes to charity. Tell me, who sang 'Earth Song' and attempt to create awareness about extinction and peace. Tell me, who sang 'We Are the World' along with Lionel Richie to create unity and peace, again? Tell me, who even dared to sing songs like 'Black and White' which is rather risky ( to me ), due to racial and colour issues. Tell me, who alerted the Clinton Administration to help reach out to HIV/AIDS victims.

( I sound like some desperate promoter from Speedy, convincing people to buy ORI discs when we all know it's better but yet nobody wants to buy em' ).

I can go on and on.

But yet, the anti-MJs still has to comment about his molest-kid-last-few-years-ago case. Him being a pedophile. Him being called Wacko Jacko. Saying that he's a freak. Having millions of nose jobs. Undergo countless of cosmetic surgeries. Yadayada. The press just has got something to bitch about, always.

Honestly, I don't care if he had surgeries. His nose fall off. He placed a metal bar in his pants to make his crotch 'visible'. He married a nun. He had a bloated hand. He bleached his skin. He threw his son out of the balcony. He had married a hundred times and got a hundred children. I don't care. I don't even care if he's a tranvestite and he looks like the ones from Thailand.

Because. It's all about his music.

And that's all I ever cared. Really. Remember how excited I was when I knew about his comeback finale concert in July over at the 02 Arena, London? Well, that is, if you've read that post I hyperlinked above. Just mere weeks before his last concert, he's gone. Just like that. Pfft. Now, just like Elvis ( scroll a lil' further to see his hemsem picture ), he's a living legend. Okay, no more living, but his music lives. (:

MJ definitely inspired me alot. Him being abused. Forced to practice and already hitting sky high notes and grooving the moonwalk, at a mere age of four. Him being constantly a press-prey. Plus, he had awesome songs like Billie Jean, Beat It, You Are Not Alone, Heal the World, We Are the World, Remember the Time, They Don't Really Care About Us, Human Nature, Earth Song, Thriller and on and on.

Those were the days, when I'd ring up Rayel after school and I'll sit close to the television with MJ's HIStory playing and she'd do the same. And we just both sing on the phone together. Our top favourite was You Are Not Alone. And we'd finish the disc until it was Earth Song. And go laughing our faces off when it was the "Ah-and-Ooh!" part. Haha. Yes, those were the times.

You see, it's quite obvious that people my age do not listen to what I listen to. I know I'm abit outdated and sorts but still, I think music back the years were much richer than today's. Especially, Boom Boom Pow. Sorry BEP lovers, I don't hate them. I still love their 'Where is the Love'. Serious. But I think the whole song doesn't make sense, at all. A humble opinion, people. Don't start sending me hate mails and stuff.

Just an opinion, I repeat.

In short, I cinta MJ alot. And I'm definitely keeping the HIStory album that I have now, ( it's ancient ), saving it for my children, grandchildren and all. I don't want my children to be listening to noise pollutants like techno, black metal, hardcore rock and you-can-never-hear-a-word music aka rap.

Saving the tears. I teared when I came back after school, listening to You Are Not Alone.

Rest in peace, MJ, King of Pop. (:

No comments: