... for the Best CSI: Las Vegas Buff.
Whatever you call it, I'm so in love with William Petersen. Oh, and George Eads. And definitely Gary. Dr. Robbin's one of the A-list. Well, Jorja's one interesting lady but I don't quite agree with the idea of Grissom and Sara in the series. Pfft. Not because of the age gap, but maybe their respective behaviours and interests. Opposites attract. Oh well. I'm not Jerry Bruckheimer's sidekick nor related in some sort of complicated family tree business. And I think I should rearrange the list, like put them in descending degree of my fondness towards them. Heck. You get it right? Well, part of it then you're fine. Eads definitely tops the list. William on the second. Robert, third. Paul, then Gary Dourdon. I have no idea where to put Eric in. Okay, maybe he should be fourth. Sandwiched between Robert and Paul. Now that's one good combo. Hahahaha.
1. Nick Stokes.
2. Gill Grissom.
3. Dr. Robbins.
4. Greg Sanders.
5. Captain Brass.
6. Warrick Brown.
7. Archie Kao.
Episode after episode, season after season, I can already memorize the full names of the casts now. And even sing the opening theme song without lyrics. Hannah should totally record a voice clip of me singing 'Who Are You?' and play it during her detective-based game at the Why Not? event. Maybe the gamers would get pumped up or something. Until their senses get extra sensitive. Their brain neurons links and connects in like a pico second. And voila! Crime solved in a minute. Tobey's the murderer, the Kids Room was the murder scene and the scissors was the murder weapon. Pfft. And our mastermind would not be a mastermind after all. Okay, so that's a whole lot of bull. But still, a background audio is still a cool idea. =D
And here's the answer to one of the questions spotted in Hannah's Plurkimania.
Why is CSI so addictive?
Okay, she should have not asked because her *clears throat* cousin *pops in breath mint* is now ze' Best CSI: Las Vegas Buff. Oh, I love the title. And uhm forget the breath mint thing, it happens always at this hour. And I take CSI in her question as the version of Las Vegas. In my opinion, CSI is one very interesting series. Why?
Well, every good story's got a good plot.
Personally, I like how the story 'flows'. Two cases were never the same. Though they are somehow linked at times, but each separately tells a story of its own. Like the miniature models case for an instance. They all revolved around the same murderer but with different victims and suspects and C.O.D.'s. But I was quite frustrated with this one, someone else died for the murderer. Pfft. Anyway, that explains another whole story of why the other person died for the murderer. Gah. You'll understand the uhm, intenseness when you watch it yourself. Plus, it's genre is more of a combination of action, mystery, comedy, romance, horror and a lil' bit of everything. Everybody Loves CSI! *said in the Everybody-Loves-Raymond style*
Two, the casts.
If you call yourself a CSI-lunatic and you don't like any of the cast. You're one lousy CSI fan. No one on Earth can actually hate Gill Grissom right? C'mon. He's smart and damn smart, I tell you. As mentioned, I like how Grissom works. His intelligence. His interests, creepy crawlers. Though not what I would want to get involved with, but it actually saved Nick's life on Season 6. His sharpness. I know it's all made-up and planned that this one strand of hair is on the cushion, or this partial is on the doorknob or this blood drip is on the floor and yadayadayada. But hey, that's what directors are for and the characters are just suppose to act 'smart'. We, as viewers, are meant to be gullible and dumb because it's after all, just a TV show. But face it dude, even if you hate the series, you love the smart asses don'tcha? Heh.
I love how Brass's dry humour works all the time. Hahaha. You'll never get it the first season but you'll catch up soon if you continue on Season 2 and so on. And he nails it even though he's going through a tough case. He's the sun right after the rain. Ah, it's just too bad that he's got a hooker daughter. Now, that's a serious turn-off. Pfft. Oh well.
How about Dr Robbins? Yes, the half-bald old man with snow white beard who dissects dead bodies. It's funny how he does the Y-incision while singing in one of the episodes of Season 7 if I'm not mistaken. And how he filled in the death certificate of one of the victims, C.O.D. - Fell off a chair, in Season 7 too. Hahaha. Brass's expression was the killer I tell you. Oh even Warrick is entertaining at times. (:
Three, the graphics/ animations.
Awesome 'zooms', I must say. I don't know how they do it but most movies these day's got it already. You know that Matrix signature slow motion thing? How Keanu bend to avoid the gunshots? I think you get it. Well, you get to see a whole lot of cooler ones in CSI. And I don't see any other television series with that, not in 24. Not in E.R. Not in Grey's Anatomy. Not in uhm Heroes. Ah, even if some other TV series's got it, but it ain't no match for CSI. :D
Four, very very educational.
I've personally caught up a few new things from CSI itself. Uhm like how carbon dioxide from dry ice could kill at the right time and perfect temperature conditions. And yesterday, after two quick episodes, I learnt that there's a thing called pubic lice. Haha. Also known as, crabs. Eeeeeeeww. And it spreads. Disgusting but interesting. Even if there's no semen on the bedspreads, they caught some pubic lice, extracted their insides and give it a test for DNA and voila! There's your suspect, who's got his very own crab colony. Tsk. I laughed hard at how they say it, I tell you. Oh and how your life is prolonged if pressure is applied to certain wounds and cuts ( I know all Red Crescents and St. Johns are familliar with this, but I'm not one you see ). And when you've been whacked at the head by a crowbar, your lungs shrink and you start to run out of breath. Do you know that even at this state, if you slit your neck just nicely, you'll be able to prolong your life for an hour or so. I've no idea how but your lungs expand immediately. Pfft. Oh and the most kan cheong scene goes out to the last episode of Season 6. Gah. I cried. -_- Ah the list just goes on and every episode you'll learn something new. (:
I'd rather glue myself with the idiot box watching CSI than some National Geographic Channel. No offence but in my humble opinion, CSI is waaayy better than watching some weird aquatic animals in like a humongous mode, you can even see their poop. Gah, I'm exaggerating but still?! See all those fishes swim here swim there beri nice meh? -_-
Five, simply addictive lah.
Just to make it five, CSI is naturally addictive. It's like ecstasy but it doesn't make you goyang. Geddit? Even my dog loves CSI lah c'mon. He snuggles in between my brother ( kehlehfair CSI fan, not ori wan ) and I, and then he's in his own wonderland. Okaylah, mainly it's either he's afraid of the thunder or the air-condition is switched on. But still, of all places, he chooses to sit with me on the couch in front of the TV. Heh. Crap.
Spoiler ahead!
You won't be expecting much from Gill Grissom, William Petersen anymore for the upcoming Season 9. No idea why, but someone's playing his role. Pfft. I hope the replacement's a good one. Tsk.
Right, for now. Chao.
Jas Min.
No comments:
Post a Comment