Pretty much how my toe looked like.
Something to say while waiting for the photos to upload.
This kinda reminds me of my visit to the hospital this year. You know it's the first time I've been admitted into the hospital and I tell you, it's a great experience. Haha. You see, it happened like this. Early of this year, we had this Interhouse Softball Tournament and the only softballers for the Blue House is Shiau Ling and I. Being the only miserable freaks, she's definitely got to take on pitcher and I'm a first-time catcher. It's a forced to thing because those two posts are the most important positions. Anyway, we managed to get a group of willing, voluntary freshmans to compete, including some random non-Blue House members. It was like a miracle we got into the finals with the Red House team. They are like the guaranteed champions because most of the school players are Red House members. Pfft. Including the professional, ultimate-national player, also the old veteran, Siew Kim. How unfair is that. Anyway, it was the finals when it was our turn to attack ( batting ). At that moment Shiau Ling was batting, and we all have this habit of flinging our bats because we just run like mad women after that and not think of where the bat goes. I understand, because I do it too.
So I was so into the game I was standing about 3 meters behind Shiau Ling jumping and cheering, ( finals mah, moral support right? ) for Shiau Ling. It was a good hit but she threw the bat and it flew right to my face. It just missed my left eye like a mere centimeter. I thank God I didn't go blind, I would if it did hit my eye. I was about to faint and I swear I could see stars. Everything I see was like doubled. I can still remember Ah Teh's doubled-face image. Haha. Weird. The entire game paused and the people brought me over to a bench to sit. Ah Teh grabbed someone's drink and put the ice on my injury while my mates go get our softball teacher advisor. Okay, I know what you all want to know. I cried lah okay, I cried. Come on, I bet even guys will cry if I whack them with that superheavy bat okay? At that moment, I felt my injury swelling. But it wasn't so obvious because I had ice on my head. Cik Puspalatha came rushing and sped to the General Hospital along with Shiau Ling and Suwarna. I freaked out when I accidentally looked at myself on the rear-view mirror of her car. And eversince I kept sobbing all the way to the hospital. Shaddap. It hurt. I arrived at the hospital with tons of tissue-backups stuffed in my pocket. Shiau Ling went to get the doctor at the Emergency section while Suwarna stayed with me and teacher drove in circles just to get a parking spot. The service at the General Hospital just sucks. I had to queue for an hour. Wait for the doctor for another hour. Get an X-ray and report for another hour and medications took another half an hour. I think some people would rather die than go to the hospital anyway. It was a lil' awkward when everyone else stares at my eye. Plus, my machas came just to humilliate me over there. They came, found me and screamed out loud, "Aiyoohhh! I blind already I blind already! Mummmyyy! HAHAHAHA". -_- Well, at the very least they came. It swelled up egg-sized for a week. And everytime I would avoid mirrors because I get freaked out that it will not heal forever. I swallowed half a dozen of pills each day and sleep more than ten hours. Haha. And you know, it's a great experience even though my skull's got this bump. It's not obvious so anyway, can somebody scream 'HALLELUJAH' with me? =)
The thank yous,
Thank you Shiau Ling for being there with me and apologizing like a million times. -_- Thank you Suwarna for accompanying me all the way. Thank you teacher for sending me to the hospital. Thank you Ah Teh for that spontaneous ice cubes because if it wasn't there, I bet it would have swelled up as huge as the softball itself. Haha. Thank you machas for picking me up even you both humilliate me kaokao. Thank you granny for visiting me. Thank you Siah Eer for ringing me up a million times too. Thank you mummy for those comforting hugs when I cried and said that I'll look like Shrek forever. Haha. I was stupid. Thank you Hannah, Uncle John and Aunt Sharon who constantly prayed for my recovery. It sure did help. Thank you for those who were concerned. My phone went flooded with messages that very day.
*No pictures to be uploaded of my horrendous eye. I deleted it anyway and I regret it now, so, shush.
Whoa. I ended up posting something long and irrelevant but anyway, I kinda miss the moments where I get to sleep and eat and poop and sleep again. Haha. Okay, this is the lamest post ever. -_- I'm off to bed! =]

Remember that...

Some random ten minute scribbles vandalising the children's paper. =x
Good night and God bless you! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment