Grow up.
Adios.
Love, Jas Min.
Edit:
It's 0430 now and I can't seem to fall asleep. I am tired and sleepy but my body doesn't seem to respond to my brain, or vice versa. The horrible thing is? I didn't sleep yesterday either. Same problem, no apparent reason or solution. I know I'm physically tired because I've been out and about all day. Church, community service, family dinner - (no sleep) - church, hostel - (no sleep). No idea why but no use complaining, I shall make use of the time and energy that I have now. At least, my roommate is not around so I get to listen to some music even at this hour.
There's nothing to do here in my room (except studying but meh) and nothing to do online either and nobody I can possibly talk to, so I thought I'd "lengthen" this post. By the way, my mama's advice wasn't meant to be sarcastic. I really need to start growing up. But let's not talk about that, shall we?
I thought our church's youth group's visit to Kenosis was a good one. A very eye-opening experience, I must say. It was my first time around in Petaling Street. KL always seem so rich and atas, to me. Everything nice and expensive is in KL. Everything good and branded is in KL. Everything famous and popular is in KL. Well, I was wronged last Saturday. I met the homeless, the needy, the old, the sick, the abandoned, the rejected, the broken, the downtrodden over in KL. I was undeniably afraid at first but thank God I was with a group of 8 others.
Things I've learnt? Plenty. Humility's one. The willingness of the church pastors, helpers and volunteers moved me. Most of the people conversed in Canton and Malay. I didn't quite understand (or hear for the matter) what the worship leader was singing in Malay, but I sat there in awe and in wonder of how good and faithful my God is.
"... Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you"
It just kept ringing in my head and it makes everything difficult that I'm going through, seems not-so-difficult after all. Surrounded by folks who constantly worries about a roof over their heads, a meal to feed their bodies, clothing to put on; all I felt at the moment was downright, stupid. Thank God for such dedicated, sacrificial, committed people who helped around for all the years.
Glad we could help a little by distributing food to the people. And as I did, one old man stopped me and asked if he could talk to me. And so I did, sat beside him and listened to his story. I thank God he could understand Hokkien, so that I wouldn't have to embarrass myself trying to speak in Canton. He was nice and friendly and I can safely conclude that he has short term memory too. Because he asked where I was from and what was my name, for four times. First time I've encountered people with amnesia. Like Marlin and Dory in Finding Nemo. Haha. Thank God for the opportunity to have that conversation too.
I met Aunt Lily too. She was a volunteer from a church nearby. I guess she was surprised to see us because she said, "not many young people like to come to places like this". And I guess it's pretty true, the place was an alley, beside a dumpster, with only sheets of PP separating them from the sun rays. She was nice too.
Then we left shortly after. All in all, it was a smooth, successful visit. Good exposure, definitely. Thankful for the group of 8 others who were with me to share that irreplaceable experience too. Also, the other team were at a disabled children home and I'm sure they had a wonderful time too. Thank God.
Okay it's 0530 now, if today were tomorrow I'd be on my way to church for morning prayer already. *gasps* Nothing much to say anymore, guess I should play Magic Piano. I seriously have no idea what's wrong with my body clock, it's gone haywire.
"Zhu iah soh chin ho, wa beh lai oh loh, wa eh iah soh, tui wa chin ho"
Love (again), Jas Min.
No comments:
Post a Comment