Saturday, September 10, 2011

Hadouken!

Hi. Sorry about the emotional posts. Actually two only lar, I very emotional meh?

Just the question people ask me these few days. Ohwell.

And hence, here's one not-so-emo post to compensate the previous two.

Oh no, before that (this is so messy, anyway). Pastor just spoke about how discouragements and negativity come along the way, how almost everybody brings you down all the time, how goals and dreams seem so impossible. He said to rejoice and celebrate over small achievements, because those are baby steps to actually achieving your goal. And so when I came home, I told mum about how I was the only person in class who got a different answer compared to three other students who got the same answer. Turns out, my answer was right and the other three were wrong because I found out their mistake. I was happily chirping about how glad I was (though it was nothing big, really) because I really dislike Differential Equation. And then she started the whole "you-don't-work-hard-enough" lecture. 

I very discouraged one loh. Just when I got the answer right for some subject I dislike, quite a big thing for me okay.

Done with the emo part.

And hence, here's one not-so-emo post to compensate the previous two.

Looi Yoong and I found just the perfect spot to rekindle our softball spirits again! She finished her final exam on Tuesday and so she wanted to celebrate her 'freedom'. And so I agreed and suggested that we'd try the batting cage in One Utama. And so we did! At first it was rather disappointing, because when we arrived, the shopkeeper said it was closed because it was raining. I was being all beh song and irritated thinking that the shopkeeper was just plain lazy to layan us. Then we walked around, both of us aren't shoppers so there's nothing much to look for, we had dinner at the foodcourt (purse-friendly) and went back to the roof to check on the batting cage. True enough, it was back to business!

We were pretty lucky because on Wednesdays, one token costs only 3 MYR (usual price 5 MYR). At first we got one token each (one token = 15 balls). Slot the coin in and started swingin' away. It only lasted for about two minutes per token and soon enough, we got ourselves ten tokens (student price 25 MYR). Five tokens for her and five for me. And if you'd do the math, we whacked 90 balls each.


Looi Yoong went first.


Then me.


"Bend your knees, eye on ball".


#13 very cute.


Us and our happy, red faces.

To my surprise, the both of us can still whack! We had some pretty good hits, at 50 mph not bad lah. Oh, it felt so good swingin' again. Brings back so much joy and good ol' softball memories. Also reminded me of how old I have become. We went last Wednesday but my arms and back still aches today. It was worse yesterday, couldn't write properly.


Funny, only I had 'injuries'. One blood clot and one blister.

I had fun nevertheless. I'm sure I'd hit better if I went on Thursday. Ohwell.

I'd love to go there sometime soon and try the 60 mph (maximum speed).

Oh and hadouken? Hadouken the negativities and discouragements away!

And ahma, I love you and I miss you and you rock! It's been two years but I've not forgotten. You were the first thing I thought about when I got up this morning! If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be who I am today. Thank you for not giving up on me. You taught me to be patient. I thank God for your life; you're my role model! I'd build a statue of you if I knew how. I'll see you in heaven, ahma!

Love, Jas Min.

No comments: