Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A not-such-an-odd-timing post.

Yet another week has gone. Yet another set of seven days to go through.

This already sounds emo. I shall rephrase.

Cheers to the week ahead!

What the crap, who am I kidding? The week ahead isn't going to be nice.
So why bother pretending?

I foresee that this post has two extremes: a) a very short, abrupt, meaningless one that only I can understand or b) a very long-winded, time-consuming one. We'll see where this might lead us to. Considering that I update this site less frequently than I used to (which is a good thing!), cramming my seven days into a few lines is impossible. I'll do my best to summarize them up into a few paragraphs.

Ah, I remember ending my previous post with my Alter Ego day assignment. So, last Wednesday was the 'submission due date'. And I did come up with something of my own (well, not entirely, it was still mum's jacket but anyway) since I didn't had a chance to go back to Klang and prepare.

Voila. Part explaining part giggling/mumbling/babbling.

Pretty wicked ensemble, if you ask me. We're supposed to dress as our inner selves. I tried, hard. But how exactly do you dress as Ng Jas Min? I can't seem to define myself with just clothing, accessories and that-cakey-substance-females-smack-on-their-faces. Anyhow, for assignment purposes I will not chicken out but embrace it and show em' Subang/KL peeps what Klang people are made of.

Okay, basically I borrowed my mother's leather jacket. Wore a black tank top, black jeans, black peeptoe cutout heels, paired with humongous gold loop earrings and drew black lines around my eyes (for the second time in my life). Sorry, got to mention that. I'm such a drama queen. Ha!

I thought black eyes would make me look like a rockstar.

But I thought of Ju-On right away when I look at myself.

Well, nobody's to be blamed but myself. I have no clue how to use that eyeliner (mum's) so I just assumed it was a black color pencil. But I guessed that it didn't turn out that bad, didn't it? *scrolls up to compare myself and Ju-On* Okay, may be bad but good enough for me.

Now the hardest part's done. The easy part is simply myself doing what I do best, crap. I remember saying about my soft rock side in music. I mentioned about my Elvis Presley fanaticism, Air Supply, Mr Big and etc. Said I was tired of people who commonly stereotype me as the geek, innocent girl in class. All of it which is part true, part made up. Entire class bought it anyway.

All in all, Alter Ego day was fun! Taking into account that I hate (even the word hate is almost an understatement) Theatre class, last Wednesday was the only day I actually enjoyed class. Funny to see my classmates all dressed up.

Zariff and Emirul as the Malay 'holy' boys (Pak Lebais) in baju melayus.

Michelle as the goth.

Jazmint as the childish girl in cute knitwear with Oxford (her teddy!).

Sam as the bully-buster in army uniform (his explanation moved me).

Zil as the baker in apron, in-house slippers and he brought bowls and even a whisk!
My lecturer as one with OCD.

Chee Chong and Chee Poi, the twins as bullies.
Ohmygoodness they were so cute! They went "Yo' mama's super fat and ugly" at Matthew.
Harharhar!

And a whole bunch of emo people.

Us. THEA 1000 Spring 2011.

Steph, myself, Hisyam and Chuu Khai.

photos stolen from Facebook, I not so free bring camera

Also, I noticed that most of my classmates had rough high school experiences. Lots of them bullied, outcasted, wanting to be bullies in return and yadayada. I feel a tad sad for them and lucky for myself in the same time. I'm glad I had quite a memorable experience while in high school (though not as good as it was in primary school).

And hence, this brings to my next point.

This is for Siah Eer Foo.

I even had it picnik-ed for you (no time for Photoshop sorry!) because I know you like editing your photos in vintage, lomo effects. So please appreciate and simpan this photo of me so you can kiss me every night before you go to bed. Haha! Don't complain I blog about other people don't blog about you. Thank you so much for being my best friend. Regardless of how distant we may be, or how busy we both are (well usually, how busy I am) but it's amazing how we can just pick up from any conversation and talk nonstop. *hugs*

On the other hand, I miss my mother a lot. She just flew to Taiwan. Not like I get to see her often, but the fact that we haven't had much mother-daughter quality time together, saddens me. While in Taiwan, I called her up and played a prank on her on April Fools'. Glad it made her laugh a little.

Mum's birthday, 2010.
Where I was forced to gulp down a glassful of mojito.
Everyone was tipsy (except me because I pengsan-ed in the car) but very much alert.
Hence the blur photo taken by my brother and my mother's hiaoness and our red faces.
My family members can all drink, except me.

It's just in our blood. Sometimes being the men in female physiques at home, both my mother and I, we can skillfully conceal our feelings and emotions but can never express it all that well. I know she's working hard. But it breaks my heart because she's just not that young anymore. I hurts me as much as work tires you, Ma.

And I'm absolutely in love with my current playlist right now. The songs for Easter were on replay as I was nerding for Physics Test 3 this morning. The Hokkien song made me tear albeit I couldn't understand much of the Taiwanese Hokkien slang. But it reminded me of how grandma was to my family and I. I miss you dearly too, ahma. It's been almost 2 years. *sighs*

Well, Physics Test 3 was ridiculously difficult. It's ironic that when I actually study before a test, I wouldn't do well compared to when I don't prepare at all. I stoned when I read the first question on the cover of the test paper. Mind 'Shut Down-ed' automatically. Temporarily skipped the first one and moved on to the second question instead. I surprisingly (thought) I knew how to solve it, but let me fast forward a little here. I got the answers right for Question 1 and wrong for Question 2. Oh, the anger and frustration. *pulls hair off head*

Rehearsals are also a pain in the neck now. It's madness when they all agreed and insisted on gathering at 1800 sharp at one designated place. And for the record, of all rehearsals I've attended, none of them started punctually. It's such a waste of time, I could've slept or studied for my Physics Test 3 instead. I had none of my books with me but my laptop, so Hisyam and I watched an episode of Glee and half of Disney's Hercules. Now, make a guess what time rehearsals started.

And also, the latest songs from Glee are splendid! Love 'Get It Right' and 'Hell to The No'. Mercedes rocks. So does Kurt and Coach Beiste. Ha. Alright, this is long enough. It's 0100 and I got to be up by 0430.

And dear God, will you help me know that I can count on You? Forgive me for thinking selfishly, every single time. I'm sorry, Lord. Love, Your daughter.

Wa eh xim beh yin ui yah he hua kua kao.

Goodnight and God bless.
Jas Min.

No comments: