Thursday, September 23, 2010

What I do when I can't sleep.

Well, firstly. Can't sleep and don't want to sleep is a whole different thing. But let's just combine those two cases, for now.
  • Nerd. Most of the times. Being the usual procrastinator I am, I tend to leave things last minute. (Like now, look! It's almost 0500. Wao!) I have HIST 1010 quiz tomorrow. And after the first 'taste' of Dr. Anindita's quiz, her questions are difficult. Like difficult, difficult. But it's interesting nevertheless. Montesquieu! Descartes! Locke! Fontenelle! Diderot! Francois! Voltaire! Rosseau! (Trying to recall their bigassnames, ... , I think that's it) Wish me luck peeps!
  • YouTube. Not when I'm bored, but when I emo. Yes, YouTube makes me happy. In fact, it makes my day, all the time. I like watching stand up comedians and laugh like nobody's business (I maintain control when my roommate's around though, and when it's past midnight).
  • Hunt for new music. Particularly, Jazz these days. I try to keep up whenever I can.
  • Look into my crystal ball. Which is my iCal. I try to plan things ahead. So I don't end up procrastinating (Which clearly, isn't working at all, but the effort counts) and so that I'd avoid clashes. I label them according to colors; green for college matters, red for church matters and orange for special occasions. I eventually space out and think of the future instead.
  • Read the Bible. Seriously. Not only when I can't sleep, then I read my Bible lah. But reading keeps my head off everything (Which is really effective for people like me who are 'thoughtdrifters') but the book in my hands. That's why my Bible's on my bedside table all the time.
  • Watch drama series. CSI (Vegas only, yes I prejudice one cannot is it?), Prison Break & House, in particular. An episode always ends at the climax or a kancheong scene, where you just insert the disc and press "Play All" and not "Episode Selection".
  • The cliche. The expected. The obvious. Facebook. We all get caught in Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr (I don't but it seems like the 'in' thing now I wonder why) and other social networking sites. In my case, it's just Facebook, Twitter and Blogger. Blogging is indeed time consuming (It's 0520 now, 30 minutes killed) but it's self-entertainment to me because I type things down without thinking too much (Sometimes, at all) and after rereading, it sometimes makes completely no sense. But I like it that way because I've successfully compressed all of my emotions, thoughts, ideas into a long thread of words. It's like an achievement, if you get me. At least I don't Lookbook.nu. I don't get why people stare and go 'ooh', 'aah', 'woolalah' and end up stalking strangers from another country. I get it if you're inspired, but I just don't get the stalking part. It'd give me the creeps if I find some stranger from another part of the planet, stalking me because of what I wear. So if I don't wear nais nais, I'm not attractive to you? Look at Miss Gaga man.
You're supposed to be inspired, not lovestrucked.
  • Talk. Be it face to face, virtually via Skype or MSN, or on the phone. I can yack for a long time. Talk about anything that comes into mind. It's times like these where I come up with the most out-of-the-world ideas that would actually work out. Suddenly, everything that comes out of me seems brilliant. Sort of like a momentary genius, I am. It works only after 0300. It's just difficult for me to find a talking partner at these odd hours. I need an international boypren. Har, kidding.
So that's it, what I can think of now.
It's 0536 and that means 2 hours of sleep.
Can dai dot com.
Goodnight peeps!
God bless you guys.

Love, Jas Min.

No comments: