Now I get that everyday's a new learning experience. Here's a list of cool (just some of it) things I've learn this week.
1. Portuguese Man of War, is a type of jellyfish. I thought it was a name of a tanker or a warship or something to do with military and defence stuff, but Mr Latiff (Yes, my 85 year old lecturer) proved us wrong!
Mr Latiff.

2. Sleep deprivation leads to obesity. *gasps* No wonder getting fatter ever since college. Apparently, it causes a flux of hormonal changes. Plus, sleep deprivation also increases the potential of contracting breast cancer.
Random article I read.
3. Exhaling/blowing air onto your hands when cold, actually makes you cooler. Steam condensates on the palm of your hands, turns into water, evaporates into air, and voila! It makes it all worse.
Abo.
4. Radioactive substances do NOT decay at all. I always thought that these radioactive stuffs will somehow decompose, vanish, disappear once and for all, after decades and centuries of causing so much trouble kan? Apparently, these guys just will not 'give up', so to speak. Well well, I feel for the Japanese now (the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki).
Mr Latiff and myself.
5. Dress in pink on Wednesdays to get 31% discount when purchasing from Baskin Robbins. This is educational okay!
Ai Waei.
6. Francis Ford Coppola (director of The Godfather) is Nicholas Cage's uncle! Hah. Bet you didn't know about it kan? Heh. And Marlon Brando (Don Corleone in The Godfather) was our late King of Pop's bestfriend. He appeared in MJ's "You Rock My World" music video. The world's indeed tiny. And guess what? Marlon Brando died of obesity.
Wikipedia and myself.
I completely understand that I am sleep deprived. Been sleeping for 3 hrs/day, almost a week now. I'm not tired; well maybe I am but my brain is somehow programmed to tell me that I'm not. It's all those crazy Chemistry tutorials. Now that I know that it's making me fat, and I'll be risking myself to breast cancer, I gotta push myself to bed earlier. This habit has gotta stop yo.
But on the other hand, Lord, let me pull through this semester. I'm halfway through and I don't want to screw up last minute. It's my first semester and the least I can do, is do well. I can't do this alone, I need You. (:
OMG LITEFM IS PLAYING AWESOME SONGS NOW.
"KNOCK THREE TIMES! ... DING DING!"
HOW TO SLEEP EARLY YOU TELL ME?
ALWAYS LIDDAT ONE. )':
Goodnight humans.
It's almost midnight and I'm going to bed. Sleep early peeps.

No comments:
Post a Comment