Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trip to Dalian, China.

Right, I'm a lil' disappointed in myself as to how I monitor my schedules these days. I've realised that I'm more of a laidback/spontaneous/cincai type of person compared to my younger days when I love to plan ahead. But ohwell, people change. Heee! If there's a school camp for maybe 2 days 1 night, I'd pack 2 weeks before. But this trip, which is about 7 days and 6 nights, I packed on the day itself. Ah. Total miracle that I didn't leave anything out this time.

Day of departure: Christmas.

Supersad hor. But ah, let me skip the sad part. Left for the airport early, about 2330. Flight's scheduled at 0200. Took a cab to the airport. And ugh. Flight delayed for like 3 hours, and so we have to stroll around an almost-deserted airport for 3 frickin' hours. Thank God for The Coffee Bean, we managed to get there while the baristas were still there, because they cabut balik if there aren't any customers (Real case hor). And so, I took a short nap but before that, managed to play around with my bigfatcamera.

Yours truly with a bottle of Snappy (Which tastes awesome!).

Mum, killtime while reading one of Sidney Sheldon's. (Ahh yah, pink backpack is mine. Behtahan.)

Coolstuff printed in the inside of Snappy's bottlecap.

Mine says: Vanilla is used to make chocolate.

Do you even know that? But I know chilli is used to make tomato ketchup though. Heh.

Brother, playing with his PSP. Oh, and that ain't no ordinary TicTac okay. It's bigger and it's flown all the way from Germany. Heee.

The other brother, being the typical brother he is.

Dead obvious from the photos above that we're bored lah. Random things around me caught my attention. First, the people around us. It's frickin' 0230 and the people on the neighbouring tables can't just talk softer. It was so quiet they could've talked without disruptions but they had to scream.

Aijior, lucky no angmoh, or not siasuey lah. Imagine some hooligans going "HAR? POKKAI LAH LEI!" in Coffee Bean's at about 0230.

And so, I slept for about an hour, got up every 10 minutes or so, hoping that the people next table would shut up. Well then, we got in the plane, landed in Shanghai. Waited for our connecting flight to Dalian and got in the plane again and finally got off for good. Temperature was only 4°C but it felt so damn good cos' everywhere was covered with snow. Hee. And it snowed on Christmas morning! But too bad, we missed the snow all becos' of that delay. Eeyeeerr.

A pretty lucky shot. Heee.

Got on a bus. Met our tour gang. Met our tour guide (tauyu). Met our driver. Sat on the bus and looked out of the window, amazed at the sight of pure, white snow. Was my first time to see snow lah okay. Genting's Snow World not considered. -___-

First and only stop for the day was to some port in Dalian. Where there were footprint impressions everywhere. Quite a boring place to go, compared to the places I've visited while in Yunnan. Well, didn't take much photos.
Brothers looking like terrorists in every photos. Pfft.

EH LOOK! MY DOWN JACKET IS BLUE HOR! Ignore backpack plrish. Kamsia.

All the reason to be lala, cos' I'm in Cheeeeena!

That's all. And oh something about Coffee Bean that also caught my attention. Tiny greeting cards written by Coffee Bean guests themselves, made a pretty cool deco to me.

Best thing of all, guess who wished me Merry Christmas?

OMG HE IS ALLLIIIVVEEEEEEEEEE! HAHAHA.

Okay, g'night!

Next up: Trip to Shenyang, China.

No comments: