Monday, December 21, 2009

Church Camp 09'.

This is going to be a long and messy post. I've warned you, don't say that I didn't.

Day 1 - 11th of December.

Got up early, packed last minute stuffs and wheeled my luggage bag down and waited for mum to come pick my brother and I to church. She was superduper late (No idea why) and we were the second last to board the bus (So sorry to the people who waited). Took of at about 0815. And oh I hate that bus a lot. It's like riding a horse for 8 hours with 10 blasting air-conditioners above your head. We were freezing in the bus (Hannah and I) and we were bouncing like balls in our seats. The bus driver has got issues. Pfft.

Stopped at somewhere in Seremban (I think) for lunch at about 1300. Had a plate of Lou Shi Fun and (omg!) I found out that so many people don't know that Lou Shi Fun exists (You can include Hannah and Gabriel in). Tsktsk. Then our journey continued and we arrived at Serai, Lanjut Beach, Resort and Golf Club something like that. Checked in, got our keys and went straight to our rooms. My roommates were Hannah, Looi Yoong and Ah Yang (Looi Yoong's younger brother). The siblings ended up with a crazy game of One-Ten-Juice (How on Earth do we spell that out? Have you ever known?).

Ah Yang in blue (My fav colour!) Batman tee.

That's Looi Yoong helping him to tuck in his tee. He so kiiuuuuttt right? :3

Small comfy space at the balcony.


Thank God for awesome roommates for sure.

Had our dinner (Which was so-so) and went straight to the hall for our first session. I was looking forward to see Pastor Alfred and I thought he had white hair. I laughed (A little) to myself when I noticed that I made a mistake. Haha.

*grabs notes from the desk*

Pastor mentioned about having God's blessing without struggling in our Christian life. Text taken from Genesis 22:1-19 (In case you might be interested, go check it out). And what strucked me like lightning was when he said that success occurs in God's place, God's timing and through God's people. True enough, I thought to myself: Why struggle with my future, it's in God's hands! But ohwell, I'm still undecided about what I'm about to do, but less frustrated. You know, blur but chill? You get it. Haha.

And after the young people stayed back at the hall for drama practice. And oh the people were loud and nuts. They brought supper to withstand the stress given from the director (Hannah) maybe. No idea why they always get hungry right after service. *ponders*

Their junk.

Thought this was pretty cool.

Part of the drama scene.

Well, I spent time with Amy at one corner to practice for the coming WhyNot? (See the pressure we bring all the way to Pahang *ahem* Haha). She got the songs pretty quick, just the lyrics left to be done as homework by herself. I tried to help as much as I could (I hope I did). And after, I went back at about 0130 to the room with Looi Yoong, cos' she's got to pick up Ah Yang and get him ready for bed. I wasn't involved with the drama team, so I thought I could get some sleep.

Day 2 - 12th of December.

Got up at about 0730. Hannah was the first to get up (She slept alone on the single bed anyway) and then me. Freshened up and had devotion at the balcony. The view was so good, plus the quiet breezy atmosphere. Wish I get to wake up to good mornings like this, everyday.

The view from the balcony.

With a cup of chilled wintermelon. Syiok.

Had breakfast (Which was much better than dinner - tastewise) and then to our next session. Loved this sermon the most among the other sessions. About faith; simple but powerful. Romans 15:13 (Again, in case you might want to go look through). Reflected on what I was going through a bit. I have difficulties to trust people and worse, trust God. Ever made decisions without considering God's opinion or even committing the matter to Him, at least? I do that, a lot tim. *feels guilty* But I've learned much throughout my 2 years of being a Christian, through prayer meeting mostly. That's where I've witnessed miracles after miracles God does when we pray.

Okay, I sound so 'holy' now right?

After that, the much awaited: Games. First game was totally teambuilding stuff. Cardboard cutouts were given to each group and team leaders have to transport members from one end to another and back to the starting point, by stepping on the cardboard pieces. Difficult to explain it here, but well imagine lah. Our team reached first but we were disqualified cos' P.J. 's(Pastor John) team cheated (Like every year -___-'') by taking away our cardboard cutouts. Second game was also teamwork-ish. Had to build a human circle by locking arms with each other to protect one member inside the circle. Teams were given chance to attack and defend. Aim was to touch the person in the circle and to protect the person in the circle.

Conclusion: The person inside very cham one lar. Kena smashed like Rikishi's signature stunt in WWE. Harharharhar.

Okay, not so kao lat lah. Haha.

Third game was Captain ball. Never liked that game cos' I never get hold of the ball. It slips always, I FRICKIN DONT KNOW WHY LOR. Wish they were using softball instead of volleyball. Pfft. Painful, but better grip. Ish. We made it to the finals and I didn't join them for the finals, got Aunty Janet to substitute for me. Felt lazy. Heeeeee. *lala peace moment*

Didn't get the ISO right.

Anyway, peace moment like Brandon on the right. HAHA.

Took this when they both ambushed our room, they bought into Hannah's cheap offer of potato chips. If I were them, I would ask for money loh. Okay, kidding. :D

Check out Derrick on the left! Kiut kids. *aawwwww*

Betrayal. Haha. The person who ambushed us attacked the person who let him in our room.

After the deal of having potato chips of course. Superfunny.

Went straight to the pool after the games at the beach. It felt so good after years without swimming. Haha. No pictures of swimming/games cos' photographer wants to swim and play. Like hello, photographer wants to enjoy also loh.

At the lobby. Taken by Hannah.

Why my face so humongous one? *cries*

A game of billiard. Mind you, I am pretty good for a newbie.

Used to train with my brothers in Penang.

Credits to Hannah, again.

But with all that training years ago, my rival who's half my age is on par with me okay.

Malulah. *covers face with hair*

Rival's dad, who taught me a bit.

And after. We bathed and I got down for dinner early cos' I was songleading (For the first time, and my first time had to be in camp. Pfft). Was nervous, obviously and to top it off, dinner wasn't good. Eeyeeeerrr. Mood rosak kaokao. But I got hold of it somehow. Worship went alright, I thought. Hee. And this session was about faith again. Sort of a continuation of the sermon in the morning. Had to admit, I was halfdead (Meaning, sleepy. Cos' of the games and swimming which drained out the energy I had).

Looi Yoong, Hannah and Ah Jun. Ah Li at the back.

Uncle Andrew and Samson's hand interrupting.

*************************************************************************************

Sorry, no sexy bikini photos of the photographer.

:D

All you'll see is a hippo in a bathing suit anyway.

-_____-''

*************************************************************************************

After the session the rest stayed back again for drama practice, but I didn't. Surrender. Siao siao tired. Slept right away and died off for good. Hannah and Looi Yoong took a video of me sleeping with Ah Yang beside me and like chickenbackside I'm going to post it up here. Pffttt.

Day 3 - 13th of December.

Got up earliest. Similarly, cleaned and had devotion. Went down to get breakfast and then another session at the hall. This time pastor mentioned about spiritual enemies as the barrier between human and blessings from God. And prayer which acts like a 'bridge' to overcome the Devil. Refer to the parable of the friend at midnight. Speaks about constant prayer, consistent and strong. After that, we took group photos cos' some of em' were leaving for SPM's Chinese paper. Eeeyeeerrr. So sad. )':

NAH GIDEON LIM.

A happy group photo. (:

With Ah Yang.

Cell Leaders and their Potential Leaders with Ah Yang.

Why my Potential Leader getting so Ah Gua-ish har?

Tsktsktsk. *stares at both photos*

Then we moved on to the pool for water baptism. Leonard was so cute when he testified before he got baptised. Haha. But there's some sort of joy that welled up in me. Felt happy for the people who got baptised that morning. Hee. It was a good day for a photoshoot , I thought. Gah. Wish I was more pro with this dSLR. Ohwell. Congratulations to all of em' who were baptised!

Eh since when I shoooo fair wanzz?

From left: Me, Ah Li, moody Derrick, Jia Wei, Amy.

With Ah Li. Absolutely love her. <3

After that, we had free time. So that means, sleep. I had an hour of disturbed-nap. Pfft. Very beh hiao paiseh neighbours, what to do? Hahaha. And then we went down for another dip in the pool. Got up after a few hours. Bathed and went early for dinner again (cos' I was songleading also). Worship was alright. Heee. Glad it went okay, though I was playing (Sort of) the guitar. And the last session was powerful. Man. It's always times like church camp where you get to experience an immense presence of the supernatural. People were filled and touched and healed. Praise God. And har, I sang till I lost half my voice. Came back croaking the next day. )':

It ended all too fast and I wished I had more, but then. Ohwell.

Day 4 - 14th of December.

We all got up pretty late. About 0830. Quickly cleaned up and got ourselves down for breakfast. Head up to the hall. Prize giving, testimonies, sharing, blablabla. And so quickly, everything was over. After lunch, it's the packing, checkin' out and back to that darn bus ride. But all in all, camp was great. Awesome. Spectaculaaaarrrrrrrr! Haha. Hallelujah!

Uncle Joon Chiang's superold but cool Minolta.

Lastly, what's a great camp without the ultimate companion? Presentinnnnggg, ... *drumrolls!*

TEDDDDDYYYYYYYYYY.

Proof that he was really there with me in camp. (:

Supertired deh. Waiting for the photos to upload and all.

You lah, Gideon Lim. Pressure me nia. Pfft.

Goodnight all. Imma die off already.

No comments: