Thursday, April 30, 2009

MSSS 09 - Selection Training.

Yeah yeah.

Budak main cam pondan pun bleh masuk?

I heard you.

I'm not exactly that pondan okay? Ohwell. It's quite a pity that Ling and Yen wanted to join but their parents' wouldn't let. Eeek. So anyway, Looi Yoong, currently with the Hand, Foot and Mouth disease is confirmed joining us for the Klang Team! Yaaaaaayyyy!

So, I have both pros and cons if I ever get selected ( I got selected already but this was what I had in mind before I got selected ).

Pros:

1. This shall be a good experience despite win or lose. I don't care being a pondan during the games but it's the experience that counts. Again and again, this is my one and only last year to completely indulge in softball as much as I want. (:

2. The ultimate excuse to flunk my mid-term examinations. I know I sendiri cari pasal because I was slacking the entire month but joining the team would be a good one to escape from the torturing textbooks. Heh.

3. It builds my confidence. Maybe? ( But after the selection, I still think I lack confidence. Scratch the initial intention ).

4. Lose weight! Heh. I hope so. *crosses fingers*

Cons:

1. Staying over at Batu Unjur for a week is like being in prison with stinking, sweaty people. Oh, the loo. Unimaginable, I tell you. I miss MGS's toilet now. Be glad you MGSians. 2 days without cleaning is ... you know lah.

2. I will be turning from Aminah to Muthu. The colour. Gosh. Shall not talk about it no more. I am no more that fair lady I used to be. Sigh.

3. I shall have more bruises and aches and injuries. Hopefully not another jackpot hit on my eye again. *prays fervently for complete safety*

4. I will definitely be taught of the wrong skills and techniques. Not to criticise and comment but honestly, I've experienced it for two days already. Two days were enough to tell me how 'different' they were from Ah Teh.

Now here's the big confession I have to make:

I
love you, Ah Teh Chai Heng.

I don't bother how much you want to curse the team with your famous "Whatthehell, mann!" but I'd rather be cursed than to be taught of the wrong methods. Oh gosh, sorry but I'm getting frustrated over again. Tell me, logically.

Q: You come across a 90° turn. How would you run with maximum speed and minimal time frame?

A. Run straight, stop/ brake, turn, run again.

B. Run in a curved manner.

Definitely, run in a curved manner right? Those *that one animal causing the flu now* taught us to run straight. Ugh. Takleh tahan lah aku. We were all trained to run curving out slightly for years and now we had to run straight, stop, turn, and run again. Like stupid robots, I tell you.

5. I will miss out alot on homeworks. Which I would then end up burning the midnight oil to complete them. Pfft. Puan Tan, go slow okay? Go slow.

6. I will miss mummy, teddy and my dog. Ishh. How I wish I could bring them along. I want my stinking, LBB teddy so so so so so much! It will be difficult not having to hug teddy to bed for a week. T.T

So, more cons then pros, as expected. But I think experience triumphs every other thing. C'mon, not everyone get to play for Klang okay?

And yeah, even I got selected, I didn't feel happy nor sad. Just, selamburlah. Why? Because I didn't think I deserve the place. Wait, let me rephrase that. Because I think that I was not selected because of my ability but because I was just lucky. Five students pulled out last-minute and they had to put pondans like me in. Ohwell. Luck, you see.

This shall be my last or second last post before I head to Batu Unjur for a week. Do not expect updates till then, I wouldn't bring a laptop even if there is wi-fi connection over there. Oh, do pray that I come back as a whole for the weeks to come. Takutlah.

All in all, thank you Lord, for giving me this oppurtunity to represent the Klang team.

No comments: