It's almost the same every year for me. It's a yearly thing. An annual thing. It's the time where I go to my relatives' houses once every 365 days, see them once every 365 days and talk to them once every 365 days. I hate that it's turned out this way, I'm pretty sure for most of you who celebrates Chinese New Year as well. I wish it was more of a natural culture, rather than a once-in-a-blue-moon tradition. Well, things like these can't just unwind because it's just the way life is.
"Life is like a camera - you just got to face it with a smile"
Quoted by someone whose name I forgotten in Facebook.
(I just happen to saw it on my news feed, didn't catch who the status-publisher was)
So yes! On Chinese New Year Eve, I had two reunions. One with my uncle's family on my maternal side, at noon. And another bigger one (paternal side) with my grandparents, uncles and this year, with my uncle from The Land Down Under too. Caught up with my more-angmoh-than-M'sian cousin a little bit. He's completed his studies as a Pharmacist. Angmoh education so fast one. *dreaded sigh*
On the first day itself, I had mee suah. A must on every Chinese New Year morning. It represents longevity, as far as I know. But my family no care one. We just whack because my mummy's mee suah is yat lao. Then to my grandparents place. And after, to my fourth grandaunt on my mum's side. Then to my youngest grandaunt on my dad's side. Then home. Then out again to my second grandaunt on my mum's side.
The same place every year. The same people every year, well except for babies. They grow up so fast and they all look the same. Yes, I have quite a big family.
Second day, third grandaunt's place in Setia Alam in the morning.
Third day, sendiri bukak rumah. Invited none of my friends because I already knew my house will be invaded with humans; like every year. So that's why I don't invite anyone to my place every year! Because there's always a lot of people every year. Pfft.
It's not hard to guess why.
They all come for my mama's Nasi Lemak.
Why?
Because it's moh tak teng.
So laku. I, myself, didn't get a chance to eat my own mother's Nasi Lemak. Ohwells. And my mother only cooks Nasi Lemak on Chinese New Year. Heck, she only cooks on Chinese New Year!
Day three, rot at home, Day four, rot at home. Day five, you guessed it. Rot at home. Oh no, day five's a Sunday. Went to church, packed, then back to my hostel.
Well I found something interesting this CNY nevertheless.
You ready for it?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A never-seen-before photograph.

OH WHO'S THAT?
Yes, it's me.
Found this on my grandfather's desk. Awww.
And no, I wasn't holding any white cloth on my left hand, or nothing else white for the matter.
It's my tummy, FOR REAL.
So don't blame my current size.
HEH. GOODBYE. I GOT PRESENTATION TO SETTLE.
Love, Jas Min.
No comments:
Post a Comment