Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Twoohsday.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong.
1 Corinthians 16:13

Sometimes I feel inadequate to share about Biblical truths because of how a law breaker like me promote the same law others break. I am no less of a hypocrite than anyone else. But Christians are not perfect either. If everyone else stops sharing the gospel, who will? I shall not be afraid the next time. Strength, o' Lord.

Okay, shall stop there.

Now that I have kohneksion (I like spelling it that way, it's becoming a habit) already, I shall use this time to say a little about my experience here; another home away from home. Well, I've been here for about 10 days already and so far so good. Where do I start? Okay, room. Furnished with the very basic necessities: single bed, study desk, bookshelf, wardrobe and that's about it. So the first day I moved in I literally had to push a cart of my stuff. I brought my own dustbin, study lamp (the free one I got from Toefl, so useful!), kettle, cutleries (the Christmas gift Looi Yoong gave me a year ago, thank you!), cables/multipurpose plugs/wirings, and a long list of others.

Oh, and I also fixed my own clothes rack! So proud of myself. *pats self on the back*

I feel so proud of myself because my roommate and I are officially the cleanest people here. *exhales in relief* My condomates can be superbly untidy at times, they tend not to handle their laundry properly (I hope you get what I mean). And yes, I thank God for the prayer answered regarding my roommate. She's a really nice girl and we clicked so well that on the first day she offered to be my 'jie jie'. Yes, she did. She's from Malacca but the sad thing's that I only get to see her for 2 days out of the 5 of the week. Like today, now, and yesterday, and the day before, *sigh*, I've been alone. It's a tad quiet but on the brighter side, I can change in the room without going to the loo and not put on headphones while listening to music or watching anime/movies. The best thing ever is, she sleeps as late as I do! So I have completely no worries about the light switched on up to 0300 or so.

Moving on, my condomates aren't as friendly and 'welcoming' as my roommate. I absolutely dislike my neighbors (both the left and the right) because one of them makes too much noise and the other has a sour face every single frickin' time (it's like the whole world is the blame for whatever that has caused her unhappiness). But however, or rather, fortunately. My other neighbor (the one opposite my room) is a nice Indon girl who smiles at me whenever we see each other. Though we've never spoken before, we smile at each other always. Much of what I need after seeing that other girl with the sour face on. Haha!

I guess that's just part and parcel of living on your own, we all meet different types of people.

I quite like living here (other than the living cost factor) because I get to be self-dependant in most of the things I do. I now understand all mothers out there (and maids) and their hard labor doing the mundane house chores. I now do my own laundry (handwash keh, not washing machine), do the dishes (can't ditch this one to my brother anymore), sweep/mop my room, get rid of the garbage and etc. Not that I don't do these at home, but now that I'm all alone. I can't complain and whine, hoping that my mum will just nag and give in to me in the end.

Now, the down side. The living cost. I'd like to make this clear, Klang people memang kiamsiap one. Boh pan huat case okay. So stop complaining that I'm a cheapo, because I am like that! And don't ask why, because it's like asking why Subang people speak Canton only. Because they are like that! Food is so expensive here. Chap fan back at home can still be RM 2.50 minimum. But it's like RM 4.00 minimum here. *facepalms* Su hui (translation: suck blood) I tell you. And everytime I want to ta pao at Rock Cafe (a hawker centre nearby with okay-priced food), Ai Waei and Idee will start the complaining about me being cheap. I tak kisah already, will start ta pao-ing tomorrow.

Like just now! I had Kangkung Belacan with Beef and White Rice, for RM 6.50. Ohmygodzillas. Henceforth, you know what to do if you happen to 'bump' into me in Sunway. *winks!*

Much about my stay, college has been okay as well. My second semester just commenced. I'm taking History, Chemistry II, Calculus I, Microeconomics (a general subject required) and M'sian Studies (as my first MQA). Well, I love History! Lecturer's a PhD holder keh, and she's from India and and I love her Indian accent! I like the syllabus so far (though I chose the harder history; I have a choice of Modern Western World and American Culture, and I chose the former). So so so much different than our Sejarah during our high school days man. World War I & II, Cold War, Enlightenment, Renaissance, Napoleon, blablabla. Can't say much cos' I just went through my 3rd class today but I'm liking it so far. The textbook's superheavy though.

Chemistry II, is uhm, alright. After Chemistry I last semester, Chemistry II is pretty predictable. And what I mean by predictable is, ... , well. I will have my first quiz this Thursday. *sigh* And without Ai Waei and Idee in Chemistry II now, Panjang's my companion in class. He's the funniest guy ever! Both Panjang, Marcus and I make perfect combos together because we laugh about the randomest things ever.

Again, I hangout with boys. Why do I always get along with boys better than girls? I have 3 bestbuds and 2 of em' are boys.

Microeconomics is, bodoh. I have no idea why I have to take it but it's a GenEd. So I have not much of a choice. It's either this or Psychology. I wouldn't mind Psychology but Miss Mandy (the lecturer), I tak suka. Oops! So I chose Microeconomics. Dr. Sumitha (ex-lecturer) shifted to INTI and the new econs lecturer is boring. Without Panjang, Ai Waei and Marcus, I'd be as good as dead in class. She speaks too softly and our class is too huge thus noisy. She laughs at her own jokes, which aren't funny at all for a start. *sigh*

M'sian Studies was, okay. I expected worse but it turned out much better than I expected. Maybe I took it a lil too far by thinking that everyone would be sleeping, making paper planes out of the notes, doing their own thing. Nothing like that happened, so it was okay. It's like Sejarah during our high school days, but in English. Panjang, again, is my only companion. Ai Waei and Idee decided not to take it this semester.

Last but not least, another camho picture!

Off to watch Prison Break Season 1.

Again.

Love, Minapoh.

No comments: