Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 1 - MSSD 10'.

Being a senior now. I can finally experience the game differently!

Okay, I was Teh's assistant for today, and will be tomorrow. Superstress okeh. *wipes off imaginary sweat beads*

I have minor sunburns now and supercracked, chapped, dry, swollen lips. Damn kolian, I know. Haha. I now understand how Siew Kim felt last year when she coached us.

Well, why must I assist Teh in coaching? Not cos' I kepoh but in softball (Not sure about baseball), one coach will be instructing runners from 2nd to 3rd and from 3rd to the home plate. And his 'assistant coach' will be instructing runners from 1st to 2nd. So yeah, my job seems pretty easy but the amount of pressure is immense okeh! Runners must always reach 2nd to allow batters to proceed to 1st.

Okay, sorry. Got carried away and realise that most people don't get what softball is. Skip previous paragraph. So anyway, being the 'assistant coach' ain't no simple thing.

Got up at about 0600 and was feeling supertired actually (Still sleep-deprived cos' of much long, deep thoughts I had last night). Managed to drag my fat self to the bathroom and prepared myself. Skipped breakfast cos' I thought I was late. Met up with the juniors and they were super relaxed and slacking like nobody's business. MSSD's held at SMK Kg Jawa this year. The team went off with the mini van and I tumpang-ed Miss See (Superfunny hanging out with her haha!).

Game was scheduled at 0800 but as usual. It started off late, at about 0900. First game was with SMK Kampung Jawa. MGS was horrible. Saying it not because I'm mean but seriously! Now I know why Teh was so pissed at us when we lost to some unknown school last year. Haha! Yeah, the team was definitely kelamkabut. Pitching was out. Batting was like, ... , golf. Simply whack and swing and kena strike out.

Well, I guess they were just overconfident lah. Score was.

MGS vs Kg Jawa

3:12


Kena slaughter teruk teruk. Teh did all the lecture and scolding. Being the nice person I am, I just shutup and let him have his moment (Like I always do). I wouldn't know how to scold them either anyway. So yeah. He had his "Whatthehell man!" signature lectures (Only MGS softballers get what they mean so don't ask).

Yeah that's him lecturing.

As you can see, they all damn slack. One on the phone, two watching another match going on, others dreaming lah.

Team went back to Ee May's house (Cos' she lives nearby Kg Jawa school) on foot under the scorching hot sun. Superkelian them. They had lunch at Ee May's place, I didn't. Cos' the food was insufficient and I gave the last plate to Miss See. All I had was water, water, and more water. Knew it'd be difficult for me to coach later on without food but ohwell. *grins* Had a short 15 minute nap at her place and went back to Kg Jawa.

Teh called and made me lagi stress cos' he said he'd be late. And it was only 10 minutes before the game. He damn selamburly said "Ah, you handle for me first ah. Kau tim the team for me". And I was like =0. Thank goodness he came in not-too-late. Team was managable and Kai Ling's pitching was like ooooohhh. Mamamiaaa man. Compared to like the previous game. Catcher was sleek and steady too. Others were alert and focused. So yeah, all of em' were in pretty good shape.

*Fast forwards*

All in all.
MGS vs SMK Sri Andalas

7:0


Swee swee I tell you. They did good. But I've seen them perform waaaaay better. So yes, Teh wasn't that angry anymore but he did mention that he was disappointed because he expected the team to have a few more points. Ohwell.

My experience as a coach? Cooooool.

1. Haha. I get to see the game in a whole new perspective. Definitely.

2. I understand the rules better.

3. I feel how Teh feels. I get it now after so many years, why he'd get so upset and mad at us when we make stupid mistakes. Cos'. It's really stupid. I felt so frustrated at one point while instructing one of them to run. She ran, stopped halfway and looked at the ball. Opponent wasn't sure of what to do but because she stopped she was tagged out. I felt like strangling her becos' I was practically screaming "RUN!". So yes, I get how Teh feels now.

4. I get to have my say during post-mortem (We do it after every match). I get to comment and not kena marah like how I always kena from him. Heeee.

5. Get closer with the team. I feel like they're all my younger sisters now. Hug them and tell them it's okay. Correct their mistakes. Help them when their doubtful. Carry their supercanggih belongings everywhere. Buy mineral water for them (Like superbroke now cos' 7Eleven's mineral water's so expensive can die). Yeah, I like taking care of them and they like me taking care of them too.

6. I get to do pengurus pasukan (Team manager doesn't sound nice so let's just leave the title in Malay) stuff. Fill in forms. Register the team. Manage batting lists. Monitor opponents batting order. Things like that.

7. I get to be in the shade, under the umbrella (But I can't eventually. I am screaming and shouting under the sun the entire time.

Sort of cool. Cos' now I've been a player, an umpire, an 'assistant coach'. Yay! I am proud of my juniors and myself loh. Still quite mad with the other seniors. Who didn't attempt to join the juniors for MSSD. If Siew Kim, Selyna, Peoy Gee, Sue May, Ling Ling and the others can do it for us. Why can't we do it for our juniors too eh? Don't really bother now.

I am sacrificing my supposed-to-be-used-for-driving half day leave for the juniors tomorrow. It was a difficult decision but Teh had his kelian-me-lah tone and his only resort was Miss See if I can't be there tomorrow. I seriously think that I'm incapable of coaching others cos' I don't really have a clear picture of the game either. Until now. But man. I'd be glad to help if he really needs one.

Yours truly with tomato face. Round and red.

The Kg Jawa people call me Cikgu man.

Either I'm that old *coughs* or becos' I'm doing all the stuff.

G'night y'all. Tomorrow'll be a very important game.

Gotta get up at like 0600 again.

)':

No comments: