Monday, December 7, 2009

ET Bukit Tinggi versus ET Eng Ann.

Now here's a comparison of both pros and cons of ET Bukit Tinggi and ET Eng Ann alright. Since I've been a permanent student for both branches except ET Klang lah, that one I only go for extra, combined, or replacement classes. Who wants to go to Klang lah ohmygodzillas. The million stairs to climb and the scary atmosphere of Indons with gondrong hair loitering around every corner. Scary hor.

Right. Felt like b*tching about ET Bukit Tinggi now cos' #1 I'm no longer going there for tuition classes, #2 I uploaded a new Facebook profile picture (Yeah, finally replaced the birthday cake) which sort of triggered the b*tching button, #3 I consider myself a purebreed of ET (I only take classes in ET and not half Delta half A1 half *insert other famous tuition centres*, only one), #4 Engine not yet warm up for Chemistry, though it's on Tuesday and finally, #5 I seldom b*tch mah.

Heh.

Right. Shall start with ET Eng Ann since it's my first branch.

ET Eng Ann.

Enrolled when I was in Standard Three (9 years old) when my mother discovered that I was hopeless with Math. She admits that she's also hopeless with Math so she thought the only resort was to attend tuition classes and rely on tutors rather than school teachers. I was totally agreable. And so I remember registering when Shien Chen was in Sakamoto and I wore a purple dress (I remember!) with my mum beside me.

Pros.

The home-y environment. Apparently no where else except for Eng Ann, makes you feel at home. Plainly because of it's small structure. Only two clerks, only 2 functioning toilets (Jiah, so cham right?) and only 7 classrooms. Everyone knows you and similarly you know everyone and everything (Which is both good and bad, but more of good to me). Proof: I still remember the clerks and they still remember me, until today! We even exchanged mobile numbers.

The friends. When I enrolled, most of my tuition peers were from my school, nearest to the tuition that's why. Like how Sunita has got lots of MGSians? You get it. So it wasn't really awkward for me but I get to meet new people from other school and age groups. I first met Elvina, Shiau Haln, Irina and a few other Sakamoto mates. Then the boys from Meru, Ivan, Chun Pao, Tommy and the gang. And also some people who made class lonely without em' : Ong Iunn Jenn (I never knew how to spell his name so that was just a guess and we all call him 'Engine'). Haha. Friends from tuition are awesome, that time.


The Charlie's Angels: Fifi, Michelle and I.

The teachers. Mrs Lee was my tutor for Sakamoto, Math and Science (Only in Form 1,2 and 3). Oh by the way, Sakamoto is a special Math class, consisting less than 10 students. Mrs Lee is always funny and it helps me in a way, I memorise formulas well, though most of them are rated PG-13. I still remember clearly, how to memorise the elements (metals) in order. Superperverted I tell you. Haha. But, it helps. There's also Mrs Wong who taught me Science when I was in primary school. Puan Manjit (Who forgotten me already, because I saw her in my last few days of tuition last month, waved at her, but she was like 0___0 at me) who taught me English up to standard six. (Rayel and I did something, ... , haha! Long story, ask me if you want, I'll be glad to story it) Miss Ng! One teacher I absolutely adore, she might sound or look scary but she's so full of refreshing ideas and fun stuff. Mr Thomas, we were his first batch of students.

The drama.
Like said before, Eng Ann is so small we know about almost everything in tuition. We know who has a crush on who, who hates who and blablabla, you name it, we know it all. It's good in a way, that everyone is gossiping and spying on each other, and tuition is just one pit-stop where we blurt everything about our homes, schools, or random events. Well, there's always a possibility where there'll be fights (Verbal mostly, I've witness no physical attacks though) and broken friendships. But hor. When you're under 12, everything is I flen you, I don't flen you. It all becomes better, in the end.

The tables. Only one branch with nice proper tables (Meaning without the scribbles, disgusting chewing gums and all those gross stuff). Bukit Tinggi has those flip ones. Klang has got the flip ones and the long, merged tables. Never liked those. ET Eng Ann's tables are awesome; spacious, comfortable (I swear I spelled that as comfartable just now, gosh).

Cons. I haven't thought of one.

ET Bukit Tinggi.

Moved to this branch when I shifted to this area. Didn't like the idea because the thought of 'breaking-up' with my buddies like Michelle and Fifi and Nalini, it's unthinkable okay. The adjustment period was harsh and dreadful. But thank God for friends I've met in Bukit Tinggi though. Hee.

Pros.

The friends. Met new friends like Lester, Arnand, uhm *thinks*, Nicholas, and that's all I guess. I wasn't really friendly in Bukit Tinggi because the people there weren't friendly either. But on the brighter side, Lester and Arnand became really close friends and life would absolutely be boring and dull without em'. It's so darn true cos' they're really good friends.

We're Anything and Whatever.

The convenience. Bukit Tinggi is obviously more 'in' than Eng Ann. It's really nice to get to run out of class with some excuse (The usual: "Cher, go to toilet") to get a bun or some fresh fruits downstairs. There are so many stalls there you can eat what you want and run back to tuition feelin' happy and smart. Haha. Serious.

The teacher(s). Came into Bukit Tinggi when I was in form four. Mr Yeoh is my favourite teacher of all teachers. Gah. Splendid. *cries out tears of joy and claps endlessly* Mr Yeoh taught me Physics and I don't know why I love Physics but I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with Mr Yeoh. Haha. Wait, I feel like drawing Mr Yeoh: Ze' stickmann ver-si-on.


Click to enlarge.

Eh ohmy! Not bad har. I drew it without using a tablet okay! Haha. So with the help of the 'nastypiece' *ahem* sorry, 'masterpiece' above, think of this: A skinny man, with graying hair and thick, frameless glasses. He has a long rod in his hands while he points to the screen, explaining his slides. *there see the LCD there hor* He jots down formulas on the left side of the board, and draws stickman (To explain his point) on the right side. *he draw stickman like that one, and I always thought it was a cockroach* He has a chair somewhere on the far right, with his thermos flask underneath the chair. He'd sit there and look at us when we copy notes.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

All I can say is, tenenenenenenek! Oh only Hannah gets this. :D

Mr Yeoh rocks.

Cons.

The lousy hygiene. Toilets superstinky one. Can't blame them though cos' Bukit Tinggi has got more students than Eng Ann, but I still make my point. Cos' they could have added another maid in Bukit Tinggi to clean the centre or maybe place more air fresheners to cut cost. Pfft. And the classrooms often smell of cigarette smoke, again I cannot blame them because they have no control over the students' activities, but again again, ADD MORE AIR FRESHENERS.

This should totally go into the suggestion box (Well, if they have one).

The not-so-friendly people. Never had friends in Bukit Tinggi, except the few I've mentioned. Well, I'm glad cos' I don't want to be their friends either. They all have their own cliques and oh there are so many different types of people you meet. There's one group I specifically dislike, well because they made me. I was verbally assaulted for having big boobs, and I felt like going "Whatssupoblem? I know your girlfren one smaller. *and give the finger*". Ugh, but I'm not that kind of person you see. And the girls are just.

B-I-M-B-OT-I-C.

Cannot tahan. Like tuition is their fashion runway or something. There's this girl who is very tall, wears a strapless dress to class one day, with a 3-inch-minimum heels, and she sits right in front of me. I was sitting in the second row (Dahlah I short) and all I could see was her frickin head. Had to tilt left and right to copy my notes. Felt like slapping her left and right and left again and fart in her face. Ugh. But then, I'm not that type of person. Sigh. I still dislike her, and I'm glad that a lot of people feels the same way too. Heh!

The class schedule. I think I've said before in one of my previous posts that I hated Wednesdays. Well because I use to go straight to tuition to school with my pinafore and stay there from 1400 to 1900. That's 5 hours peeps. I stink and I usually die off right after tuition. And everything is number-related. It's either my brain or my fingers that go crazy.

OMG COCKROACH 2 METERS AWAY.

WAIT. I GO GET SLIPPER.

EH I SCARED THAT BUGGER FLY. HOW.

OKAY. I DON'T KNOW THE FLER GO WHERE LIAO.

Back to that. Brain go nuts solving the question or fingers go nuts pressing the 'keyboard' (Puan Tan! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA). It's Accounts, Modern Math, and Add Math on Wednesdays. Can commit suicide one, I warn you.

In school on a Wednesday.

Before class, foolin' around with Shien Chen to kill time.

Got to get up at 0700 tomorrow and nerd Chemistry.
Pfft. Haven't start and oh look! It's 0230.
Okay bye. Have a nice day, God bless.

No comments: