Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our era vs. their era.

I was in school today. Not paying attention during Chemistry, as usual. And talking to Jia Ying since she was like spacing out the entire day. Pfft. So anyway. I started off with ( I always start with a topic, don't you think Jia Ying? ) movies. Jia Ying is the saddest person on Earth, really.

*gasps*

How can somebody not know about The Sound of Music?


Note the word, know. I didn't even mention watch. Oh my kadevalai. Pfft.

Thank God she knew about Mary Poppins. Ugh. I'd literally slap her if she didn't. And she took up English Literature for SPM okay? Aiyah, irrelevant already.

Then I went into the car and told the entire story about Jia Ying to Hannah. I asked Jia Ying if she knew about Terminator's bakground soundtrack thing. Wonder if you people notice it either, all the Terminator series has got it. That, "Jengjengjeng, jengjeng!" during the beginning of the show and at the end. It's like a signature thing lah. Pfft.

And you got it right, she doesn't know about it. Apparently none around me in the lab knew about it. I went asking around if they knew, distracting them and all answered no.

Except Hannah. And I, of course.

Then I ask again. If she knew about Star Wars. Their credits are always going inwards, rolling from wide to narrow? No idea what you call it but yeah. I think you get the picture.

Wait, let me draw it out.


HAH! There. Got right, RIGHT?!

Everybody knows only Star Wars got their credits roll this way. But not people like Jia Ying. Watch movie more than once and still can go, "I don't notice these things one lah" at me. Eeee. So annoying I tell you.

Then we moved on to cartoons in our era and cartoons these days. And our era is just about a decade ago but man. The cartoon world is way way waaaaayyy different nowadays.

What I use to watch.
And what kids are watching now.

Oh, you do not know how kids, regardless of their gender, are crazy over Ben10. They even have merchandises, from pillowcases, bedsheets, teeshirts, water bottles, stationery, socks, the "Tenenek! Ben Teeenn!" watch, notebooks, bags, and even underwear with Ben10 on it. I mean, it's not like Mickey Mouse don't have also but Mickey is super cool okay. Ben 10 is not.

And cartoon now is so modernised already. Too much too much! Hannah and I both were comparing the colours used in the animation. Like the examples above. Clearly, Tom and Jerry is a lil bit faded and it's quality, abit fuzzy and stuff. While with that stupid Ben10, everything is so 3D and the colours are so vivid and bright.

I might seem stupid and this post might not be worth reading, but oi!

Cartoons are chio-er back when it was of low quality and fuzzy and laggy-like and pale.

Because cartoonists hand drew Tom and Jerry loh. Even if like, Jerry's body was out of proportion or any other mistakes, who cares lah? I bet Ben10 was hand drew partially and then improvised with digital, computerised techs. Ugh. Or maybe even completely! They're so "pro" at it they even draw with the tablet. Okay, scratch that. Drawing with tablets are perfectly fine but hand drawing is the real pro stuff. Dig Michaelangelo. Okay, digressing already.

My point is.Cartoons should remain the way they are.

I don't mind animes and Sponge Bob but I think they should keep airing Mickey Mouse and Garfield and Sailormoon just like the old days. Like how I use to glue myself in front of the tv everyday.

Oh, and Sailormoon was my favourite.

Shut up lah. T.T

No comments: