Monday, June 8, 2009

Of tests and an awesome dinner.

I'll start with nice things first. (:

Well, you can scroll down and read the not-so-good stuffs and come back here if you want to. Your wish lah.

Okay, I've been eating alot lately.

Holidays mah. Heh.

I was really hungry. After the exams. There was only a 10 minute break, which is rubbish because it was clearly stated ( And I mean clearly like black and white clear ) that we have a half an hour break. And the problem was with the invigilators, the number of test scripts collected after the test did not tally. And because of that, we missed our lunch ( In my case, lunch and breakfast ). That's why I'm making a whole fuss about it.

So anyway, 10 minutes also insufficient to go and 'release everything', okay, pee. Imagine two toilets for more than 500 female candidates? Ugh. The gents was like empty, or what? I don't know how guys 'do their businesses' but they must be damn pro at it, I'm sure. There was no queue and the moment a guy goes in, he comes out 2-3 minutes later. I was tempted to go to the boys toilet okay, if only it wasn't smelly.

Back to the whole meal thing. I had my dinner at Bubba Gump. Which is at the corner, opposite Starbucks. The whole thing was like shrimp shrimp and more shrimps. Which kinda freaked me out, because I do not like shrimps at all. But mum and I had no choice because we were so lazy to walk.

And when we walked in, the interior is, ... , awesome. It gives the nice, homey and cowboyish bar feeling.


One of the catchy sign boards. I think it relates to the idiom, the early bird catches the worm. Hmm.


That's their draught menu. Cool right?

I just had to play with it.

My hair is abit brown don'tcha think? Hmm.


And this is one unique stuff I found out.

These sign plates are like bells on a reception desk. Run, means the waiter/waitress attending you should be getting your needs.

Flip to stop, and the waiter/waitress will attend to you as soon as they notice the sign.

So actually, I thought it was just for decorative purposes and was playing with it, a waitress rushed towards me with a "Yes-can-I-help-you?" smile on her face. And I was like huh? Her face turned quick and I think she got pissed and explained about the Stop and Run plates. Haha. I think I made her angry. Ohwell.

I didn't know mah.


That's my drink - Lemonade.

My hair looks brown here, again. Hmm. A streak of it seems to stand out. Haha.

And this was what I ordered, *forgotwhatit'scalled*.

Basically, it was baked salmon served on top of jasmine rice with asparagus and carrots.

It was nice okay. Nice. Satisfyingly yummy. Haha. Love the ambience, love the service, love the food and love the happy-aura! Hee. But the price is sinfully expensive. So, boyprens bring your galprens here and they'll love it because of the cash you're throwing. Haha. Okay, don't do that. Recession. Recession.

So, now's the not-so-good stuff.

The Mathematics paper was, ... , difficult. As expected. Picture this, Singaporean Mathematics is like our Addtional Mathematics². There were 25 questions and I think I skipped about 5 to 6 questions? Some of the topics we've not covered in school yet. But ohwell. I didn't regret one lil' bit.

The exam hall was like a hugeass freezer on the second day, I don't know why. Haha. It wasn't that cold on the first day though. And I thank God for friendly people seated around me. Beside me was a Chinese boy. His hand has got this injuries which was like yellowish and reddish on his left hand. It scared me a lil' but we got to know he had an accident while riding on a bike. And I think he's a Christian you know. Haha. In the front row, seated on the left was a Malay girl. She had that Arabian look on her face and she has a good command of English, that I'm sure. And seated on her right, was this funny, talkative but nice girl. She's Emily and she's a head-prefect. =0

The boy beside me was friendly too, he was kind enough to take off his watch and put it on the desk so that I could look at it too. I forgotten my watch, that's why. Heh. And Emily, the boy beside me and I happen to have a lot in common. Hee. Blame the invigilators for taking such a long time counting our papers, we were basically the noisiest in the hall. And we got to know a bit of each other. And guess what? We all come from different places of Malaysia.

I am the Klangite.

The boy beside me was from Johor.

The Malay girl in front of me was a Sabahan.

And Emily's from Puchong.

Cool right? Hee. And uhm moving on to the English paper. Paper 1 was, okay. Except for the part where they gave a few words and required us to give the meaning. I was like, stunned okay. Dahlah my vocabulary sucks. Ohwell. I did what I could. Paper 2 was 30 minutes, and we had to write a 350 words-length essay. We rush like mad loh. Well, I did. In school we got like what, 1 hour and a half? Pfft. I missed out the last paragraph. But whatever lah. Hee.

Then there was this GA paper. General Ability, that is. It's more of puzzle-like questions and I love it. It's fun in a way but it gets harder as you go. So, to conclude, GA paper was the best. Hee. And after that we were quarantined and moved into the freezer again. I sat with Emily and we basically talk and talk and talk and ignore what the person from MOE who was talking. We completed the paper at about 1000 and we only get to go back at 1145. Annoying or what?

Gah, in a nutshell. I like the new people I met and I had a great time and that's what matters in life more than books and careers, I guess.

Cheerios! (:

No comments: