Thursday, December 11, 2008

BFC Family Camp 08'.

was simply, ... , awesome!

RAWR.

This is my first time joining BFC's Annual Family Camp, to be frank. Dad was reluctant to allow me to go for this camp last year. Bah. Anyway, this year's been G-R-E-A-T! And this time I was getting baptised, excitedness. (:

So anyway, I'll just divide this post into days to help you get a better picture or something.

Day 1.

Got up at 0730. Had some meehun and Milo for breakfast. Check up on my vital essentials, camera and handphone batteries. Thanks Lester, for reminding. Heh. Washed up, changed and brought my luggages downstairs and wait for Billy and Lester to come over to my place. So there Billy was, collecting his documents from me and soon, Aunt Justina came by and then Lester. House was quite a havoc with two naughty yet adorable children, running and screaming around. And Chocodarling, went missing in a split second having his almost-freedom thing in the park.

We started off about 1015, which was early because check-in time was only at 1500. Oh well.

Estimated time taken from Klang to PD: 2 hours.

You know, plus the traffic and lunch over at some restaurant. Okay, here's something about the restaurant. It's filthy. Strategically situated beside a rubbish dump ( this was found out by Lester, he went touring ), freakishly scary and it's not worth your dollahs. Like whattheheck. But it was the only restaurant that looked decent in the outside. I won't want to have lunch before camp at the neighbouring mamak.

I remember passing by some school, which made me go high and I even scribbled it on my notebook to remind myself to mention it here. How weird is that. Gah. I came across a school. And the name of the school was, Sekolah Kebangsaan Raja Jumaat. Hahaha. Don't you think it's funny? No? Pfft. Like Friday King. The principal must be a total TGIF lunatic or something. -.-

So anyway, we arrived. Like finally. Sigh.

Actual time taken: 3 hours.

We went circling round PD not realising that we're just a few meters away from the resort. Oh well. We made it after all. Head straight to the lobby and there it was, Billy Wong at our very own Botanic Family Church counter. He's like the receptioner ( receptionist sounds girly, you get the idea lah ) of the day. Heh. (:

Then more and more people came. We went exploring, touring around the resort, though it's the same place we had for our Youth Camp. The place was pretty much the same I guess. And when finally at about 1700, the girls checked in, went into the apartment and seriously, we make ourselves at home. Okay, I shouldn't mention we here, actually it was only me. But to make myself not feel so guilty, I'll include everyone in. What? Heh. I was gentle enough to only sabotage the mini refridgerator. Too bad, there's only water inside. Gah. So roomies. If you've noticed the jug in the fridge is only half full, you know where it went. *smirks*

Ohwell. Somehow I got tempted and caught some shots of the magnificent view of the sea right from the balcony.


Like seriously nice can?

The pool.

Later on, we cleaned ourselves up and got ready for our dinner. Food was fine. Then head up straight to the hall for our first service. Oh and it was my first chat with Joel. You know, though he's a Down Syndromed boy, he's such a friendly child. It really moved me somehow that no matter what deformities and weaknesses you have, we are all special in God's eye. And I'm sure He has a great plan for Joel in future too. Gah I miss him already. *sniffs*

The first service was great. It made me look forward to the coming services and all. Pastor Anthony was so funny. I like how he preaches and jokes at intervals. Heee.

Gah. The first night pretty much ended quite fast. I guess we were all just tired due to the long journey. Well, I was. We all went to bed at about 0130 I think.

Day 2.

Pfft. Hannah and I got up at about 0730. Brushed my teeth. Had a quick early devotion. I read 4 or 5 chapters of Matthew I think. Woke the other roomies. Ah Jun and Jaclin ah I tell you. Babis from Sleeporama. Tsk. They can get up in one minute and sleep straight for half and hour. Yeah and Billy got mad at us for arriving late for breakfast. Breakfast was scheduled at 0800 and service was at 0930. And it was such a hoo-haa among the girls, we all wanted to murder Billy and make Billy-Kut-Teh for lunch. Like seriously, I don't see the need to munch some sausages and baked beans for an hour and thirty minutes. Gah.

Morning service was fun. It was about Strong Leaderships. I made some notes so here are some bible verses that you might wanna look up.

Strong Commitment.

- Hebrews 10:25

- Psalms 27:4

Then pastor elaborated and explain the key ingredients a leader should have, practically leaders in the Kingdom of God. And I somehow thought of what Pastor John mentioned many times. Never make a good decision, make the right decision. And I think that plays a huge role in leadership.

Right then, we head back to our rooms after service. Watched some TV and we were feeling all sleepy and lazy already. Gah. We was suppose to be having games over at the beach but unfortunately, it rained. Pfftt. We were both happy and upset. Happy because we could all snuggle and feel cosy *in Hannah's accent* in the room. Upset because we couldn't play after much plannings and preparations. It was delayed from 1400 to 1430. 1430 to 1530. And the rain went on. At about 1600, Hannah, Amy and I went down to the lobby to meet Billy. At the moment it was still drizzling.

And finally, the BIGBOSS was all ready and hyped up for the games. Yay! Who cares if it rains aight? The show must go on. Heh. So uhm there we are having fun at the beach. The first game was, ... , beach volleyball! Minus the bikini babes in over-reavealing, skimpy bathing suits and the perfect sun. Add in the overgrown lengchais and superimbalanced teams. Can you imagine almost 12 people in a team? Haha. I didn't join because I knew I couldn't play. Hey, if softball can lah. d:

Being my usual self, Miss Photographer was bored and she just had to snap some photos. (:


Billy, someone who just discovered his hidden self.

Pastor John.

And soon after Billy's much tired, because of his uhm *coughs* size *coughs*. Okay, was kidding. Heh. Hannah, Toefl, Billy and I were bored but high. We had a game of Dare n Dare. Because there's no Truth to ask about so we had dares anyway. Gah.

I swear Toefl's the meanest alien on planet Jupiter.

Alien because he's not even human.

Jupiter because he can't live on Earth with ordinary humans.

And Jupiter's the farthest.

And kicked out from our Solar System already. Heh.

Instead of spinning the bottle, we spun a wood randomly picked up from the beach. I thought I had the worse dares among them. Pfft. Most dares involved people and all of em', strangers. My first one was, I had to go to the Banana Boat abangs, ask questions about the ride and osund very interested and in the end ask about the price and scream 'WAH SO MAHAL AH?'. Like whattheheck. As suggested by Toefl again. Pfft.

So uhm to prove my like sporting side. I did it. Here's how it went.

*Runs to the abangs in life jackets*

There were two men.

Me: Ey, ini Banana Boat berapa ah?

Abang 1: Oh lu blapa orang mau duduk? Lagi banyiak lagi murah lah.

Me: Ah, uhm, *giggles and looks over at Toefl, Billy and Hannah*. Maciam tujuh lah.

Abang I: Oh itu maciam sepuluh ringgit lah.

Me: Huh? Satu orang ah?

Abang I: Yalah. Duduk speedboat.

Me: *Looks over at the sampanish 'speedboat'* FUAH SO MAHAL LOH!

Abang I: *Shows pissed off face*

Me: *Runs away*

Gah. Like seriously. Kaokao I kena. Ohwell. It was fun and embarassing at the same time. Haha. Billy had to run two laps. To and fro. Nonstop. Like evil Toefl's idea again. But not as mean as mine though. Haha. Billy walked back eventually. Ohwell. And when it was Hannah's turn, she had to go to a lady, young and pretty, and asked her where she came from. Considered okay lah. Not as bad as mine too. Hannah even added that Billy was interested in her when she approached her. Hahahaha. Fun fun fun. (:

It was disappointing that Toefl only had to run over to an uncle and asked what he was looking at. And in the end he was just looking at his children playing in the sea. Like grrr. Revenge!

Oh and second round. My turn. Another meanie plan. I had to run over to an uncle with an umbrella. It was drizzling at that moment. I had to tell him that it isn't raining and when he lowers down his umbrella, I had to say I was kidding.



...



LIKE WHATTHEHECK RIGHT?

Ohwell. I did it, again. I beri sporting wan okai? I'm no chicken. Heh.

*Runs over to the uncle with the umbrella*

Me: Hehehe. Uncle! Lu ho boh?

Uncle: Ahh. Ho ho. ( Add another ho and he'll sound like Santa, he even looked like Santa. o.o )

Me: Ohh loh hor ho? Translation: Oh, raining right?

Uncle: Hanah lu beh hiao kua ah? Translation: Yeahlah, you don't know how to see ah?

Me: *Giggles* Okay okay. *Runs away*

Like kena bom from uncle okay? Pfftt. Sigh. It was embarassing, again. But fun. (:

Haha. Soon, Lester and Amy came but when we did a lil' demonstration, they both chickened out! Hahahaha. Look who's the bigmomma. Heh.

After much of it. We spaced out and Miss Photographer went snapping around again.


Mine on the left. Hannah's on the right.

Like so fair kan? -_-


Billy's physical drill dare.


Gah. My sexy legs. =3


My last dare was to go round the stick 20 times.

Like seriously mengheadachey wan.

I fell after 3 rounds. Hahaha.

Thanks to whoever caught this. =)


Toefl's signature pig sketch on the sand.

Credits to me. =)

And later on we had a game of Tug of War. We borrowed the rope from the resort management. And it's for free! Heh. But like cheating loh. Referee unfair wan. Step on people's feet and declare victory for the other team. Hahaha. I was in the losing team though. Pfft. But it was fun, seriously. Especially with Aunty Jolly and Aunty Sharon joining us.

Next. We had Captainball! I was in Pastor's group. And we were the first to compete. Hahaha. I was quite blur in the first round, okay very blur. But we won! Weee. Both the aunties were in our team. Heh. And next round was Hannah's team against Jaclin's. Hahaha. Again, the referee play cheat wan loh. But I was in referee's side, so we won't compete with Jaclyn's team. I tell you, she grabbed that ball like it was her own baby. Rofl. The game was long and braggy, in the end, Jaclyn's team won. So yeah we had to compete with the Snatchermomma. Gah. It was an awesome game! Like seriously kan cheong wan. And guess what? Yours truly scored the winning goal. Yay! Hahahaha. Dun plray plray. =)

And after that, we got tired and when back to prepare for dinner. Haha. Too bad most aunties didn't join us, it was fun. Seriously.

Right. And after dinner was service. This time pastor mentioned about Armor Bearers. Heh. Since, I'm such a kind soul, here are some examples that I've written down.

Examples of Armor Bearers:

King Abilemech - Judges 9:50-54

David - 1 Samuel 16:21

And after the service, we had indoor games. We can't just let the aunties escape, can't we? Haha. I bet they enjoyed too. Heee. So uhm we were divided into groups and we had a game of Human Tic-Tac-Toe. Gah. It was really funny and fun. I laughed so hard at Aunty Clara butt off Gabriel. Hahahahaha. The award-winning participant goes out to Aunty Clara! And and. She's from my team and obviously, my team won again. *sticks out tongue*

Then we had our own cinema. But without the blasting surround system and huge screen obviously. It was fun watching Drumline. Gosh. I can imagine Gabriel playing like Devon in future. Gaaaahh. Jaw-dropping.

And after that, we returned and Hannah and I moved the mattresses out over at the hall, so we could sleep outside. The room was rather chilly though. Gah. Ah Li came along and slept with us. So that makes the three of us, sleeping at the hall. We talked a lil'. Reminiscing mostly. Of ourselves. Ohwell. At about 0230, we soon drifted off into sleep.

Day 3.

Rather annoyed, we got up early just for breakfast. And guess what, the adults weren't even there. Pfftt. We had breakfast and chit-chatted along. And after that was our morning service. Pastor mentioned about the Tabernacle of God. That was the title and it was related to cedar trees. Of how the cedar tree were used to make the House of God.

Go look up on these:

1 Kings 6:9-10

1 Kings 6:15

1 Kings 6:18

1 Kings 6:20

1 Kings 6:36

These are examples on how cedar wood is used to make beams, panels and parts. Anddd there are four types of cedar. Fire cedar, little cedar, tall cedar, and the humming cedar. I think this was my personal favourite message so far. Like how Pastor Anthony described it and all. It was interesting. Heh. And then pastor prayed for us. You know, pastor mentioned something about me when he prayed for me. And I can feel that it's true and it will be in the coming future. And I don't want to mention it here. Hee.

Oh and before the sermon, all baptism candidates were to testify. And and. Here are the awesome celebs.

Note: Look out for the awesomest facial expressions in the photos below!

There. The one with chio Crocs. But not my face lah.

Then we head to the beach right away. Excitedness. (:
Waiting for her turn.

I think this was snapped by Toefl or Samson without me realising it. =0

Note: Awesome face not in this photo.
And that was mum.

And me.

And us.
And us again. (:

Heee. Notice the awesomest face? Haha. And Mr Photogenic goes to.


...


*drumrolls*


...


Pastor John!

Which is my uncle practically. Hahaha. Gosh. My uncle is so cute don't you think? Heh. Right and after that we lepaked back in our apartments. Had some bimbo moments with Hannah and Amy. Hahah. They're both so funny. The guys wanted to have some Hyrdowar thing but everyone jumped into the pool instead. Everyone excluding me. Heh. And Miss Photographer did her thang again. (:
Women.


She wasn't posing I tell you.

Notice Ah Li with purple nail varnish?

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Warning PG-13 rated photos ahead!
Men.

Like so obvious Lester's siliconed. (:

My personal favourite.

Credits to *ahem* Miss Photographer by the name of Jas Min. Ladidadidum.

And I got bored and checked out on the ladies over at the hall. They were practising for their Christmas presentation. Goodness. They were all so awesome! Haha. Especially Aunty Jolly. Wanna know why? Come for our Christmas Service. Heh. Flyers are done btw. Heee. And then we had dinner and after that service. And this was the last service for this year's camp. And it was about Prosperity. The favourite. The kachings. The dollahs. The Vitamin M. Lol.

I remembered that Pastor Anthony mentioned about a king ( I forgotten who it was, Augustus maybe? ) who was about to die. The king asked his servants to place him in a coffin when he dies. And his hands and legs must be sticking out of the coffin so that people can see. And when the coffin is carried along the roads where the people will watch, his riches, medals, money and jewelleries would be scattered on the ground.

I was quite blur at first. But when he explained later on, it actually meant that, when you die, you can never keep your riches, no matter how rich you are. Gah. Now that's very true isn't it?

Ohwell. After the service, Billy mentioned that there'll be no curfew for the last night. Yuuhoo. We had Toefl introducing the game of Partini. And hahahaha. This game thing is ze' killer I tell you. It was so funny and challenging at the same time. I like how we could have fun and at the same time build some team spirit and all. Geez. I wish we could do that again. Tsk.


And after much complaints from the resort management, we had to leave the hall or they'll be extra surcharges. Like pfftt. Manager lu mana?!

Gah anyway. We headed down to the lobby. It was about 0130 and the lobby was dead quiet. We had to shush down ourselves and the other turnoff was, I was uhm so called sick. Sigh. I had fever and it was freakishly cold that night. I thank God for Ah Li's jacket and Toefl's. Like seriously, a life-saver. Ohwell. We did some chit-chatting. Laughing around. Basically, berbonding lah. Gosh. I miss camp. *sniffs* And guess what, we were at the lobby up to 0530. LMAO. Amazingly, we weren't that sleepy at all. Heh.

Day 4.

I had only a mere hour of sleep. Obvious dark, heavy eyebags. Like I was punched in the eye or something. Haha. Had breakfast at the same place again. And it was the day. Like THE day. The last day of camp. Sigh. Most of us came out to testify. And after that, we prayed for pastor. Gosh. I miss Joel now. Tsk. I need a new box of Kleenex. Pfft.

I'm serious.

Ohwell. This is my huge family.


I so love you all.

=D


And here's Miss Photographer.

Minaappooohhh! Meow.

Shucks, tomorrow's Sunday and I need to wake up early seh. It's already 0130. Gah. Night humans. Oh and I miss hubby. =0

No comments: